theblacksmithsdaughter asked: Hi I saw your comments on a post with the meanings of the word Kem, Kemmui, Kemet, etc...I don't disbelieve, but I am trying to be more disciplined about the things I read on the internet. Would you be willing to name some books or sources for the definition. I'd do a google search, but I get the feeling I'll find lots of misinformation.
Return to Glory from Joel A. Freeman is a remarkable source of information regarding black civilizations including Khemet.
- Black Genesis by Robert Bauval & Thomas Brophy, Ph.D
- Egypt, Child of Africa by Ivan van Sertima
- The african origin of civilization - myth or reality by Cheikh Anta Diop
- Egypt Revisited - by Ivan Van Sertima
- Melanin: A key to Freedom by Richard King, MD (This book addresses a chapter to the origin of the name Khemet (also Kem or K.mt), p. 50,
(Melanin, Name Derivation from the Greek Word Melanos. Kemetic Name for Black being Km)
There are numerous books that address- as the Holy Scriptures love to call it, the designation of the land of Ham, who is the progenitor of the Hamitic nations and direct blood-brother and neighbor of Shem. I hope these sources will be quite useful in guiding you to enlightenment regarding the true origin of Egypt (the name given by the Greeks).